Friday 31 December 2010

Last day home - L'ultimo giorno a casa

My suitcase is ready, my backpack is too. I have a pile of clothes that I’m going to wear tomorrow right next to me, and I’m recharging my mobile and my iPod. I believe everything is ready, isn’t it? I’m not going to bore you to death with the content of my suitcase, what I can tell you is that everything would be much easier if I were a man (less bath things to bring with me, I suppose). Despite everything, though, my luggage weights only 20.5kg, perfect for Easyjet and largely within Corsair baggage limitation. So I’m basically ready. Ready and happy. I’m not excited, just happy. Happy because my adventure is starting tomorrow, but not excited, because it feels totally normal for me to travel. I wonder what awaits me, but I don’t want to think about it too much, I like to be surprised. My flight leaves at 01:05 pm, and, if there are no delays, I will be landing in Réunion at 08:30 am on the 2nd of January. Next time I’ll write here it will be from another hemisphere, another country, another continent, another time zone. How lovely! Now, I need to do what people usually do in their last day home before leaving for a year long trip (actually, what do they usually do?). Hopefully I will manage to attach a map with my itinerary in this post (hopefully). Happy New Year, everybody. Have a great one, wherever you are.

***

La mia valigia è pronta e anche il mio zaino. Ho una pila di vestiti che indosserò domani e sto ricaricando il mio cellulare e il mio iPod. Credo sia tutto pronto, no? Non voglio annoiarvi a morte con il contenuto della mia valigia, quello che posso dirvi è che tutto sarebbe molto più facile se fossi un uomo (avrei meno cose da bagno credo). Nonostante tutto, però, il mio bagaglio pesa solo 20,5kg, perfetto per Easyjet e largamente nel peso per Corsair. Quindi sono praticamente pronta. Pronta e felice. Non sono emozionata, solo felice. Felice perché la mia avventura inizia domani, ma non emozionata perché viaggiare mi sembra una cosa totalmente normale. Mi chiedo un po’ cosa mi aspetta, ma non ci voglio pensare troppo, mi piacciono le sorprese. Il mio volo parte alle 13:05 e, se non ci sono ritardi, atterrerò a Réunion alle 08:30 del mattino del due gennaio. La prossima volta che scriverò qui sarà da un altro emisfero, un altro paese, un altro continente, un altro fuso orario. Che bello! Ora devo andare a fare quello che le persone fanno nel loro ultimo giorno a casa prima di partire per un viaggio lungo un anno (a dire il vero… cosa fanno di solito queste persone?). Spero di riuscire ad attaccare una mappa con il mio itinerario in questo post (spero!). Buon Anno a tutti. Che sia fantastico, ovunque vi troviate.
***

No comments:

Post a Comment